Ideally, WiseTime is for everyone, as we all struggle at times to get uncluttered time to reflect, break out of negative loops in our thinking, and gain fresh perspective. Doing nothing may be comfortable, but may mean just going around in circles. The clarity gained from the guided thinking of the WiseTime process brings release, and lifts the spirits.
WiseTime is definitely for you if:
- you shoulder the responsibility: you’re the strong one who always copes and to whom everyone turns; but in order to remain strong, you need to care for yourself;
- you’d like to implement your creative plans, projects, and resolutions but you simply can’t find the motivation and time is slipping by;
- you want to keep yourself healthy, mentally, emotionally and physically in the best way possible;
- you have decisions to make and wish to weigh up all the options and choose wisely;
- you’re perplexed or hurt by the behaviour of someone close to you, and would like to know how best to respond;
- your life is busy, richly peopled and to many, enviable, but you may be feeling somewhat empty or unfulfilled.
There are many more reasons to engage in WiseTime. Each person will have their own unique situations to which it will apply. Wisdom is our common inheritance and everyone benefits from its application.
‘It may be that when we no longer know what to do
we have come to our real work,
and that when we no longer know which way to go
we have come to our real journey.
The mind that is not baffled is not employed.
The impeded stream is the one that sings.’
Wendell Berry (1934 – )